Banhmi11 is another fantastic find. After failing to find their market stall, I was pleased to enter their café at Shoreditch. They make Some seriously fresh and flavorsome food. That’s why Jamie Oliver Nigel Slater and other people in the know, go there.
We had a bowl of Pho with the famous ‘Imperial BBQ Banhmi’– British pork, thinly sliced, marinated in caramel and lemongrass, twice-grilled. This is so tasty. We also had a delicious spring role.
We made a return trip a few days later, we ordered ‘Fish Q’ – Catfish fillet, marinated in turmeric & galangal, grilled with dill & spring onion and another Imperial BBQ. On the way out I picked up a Banana slice cake, again seriously good.
Both are meals had Vietnamese coffee with them, again really nice.
Check out some of their menu’s below;
£5 for banh mi, £6 for noodle salad/rice box
- Crackling Pork Belly – British pork, marinated in lemon jus and five spices, slow roasted
- Imperial BBQ – British pork, thinly sliced, marinated in caramel and lemongrass, twice-grilled
- Fish Q – Catfish fillet, marinated in turmeric & galangal, grilled with dill & spring onion
- Cha Cha Chicken – Chicken breast, marinated in coconut milk and lemongrass, grilled
- Temple Tofu – Puffed tofu chunks, macerated with lemongrass, simmered in sweet/sour sauce
Pho – Flat rice noodle in spiced broth with slow-simmered beef or shredded chicken, spring onion and coriander
£6 for full size, £3 for mini
Hanoi young rice crabcake
Claypot caramelized salmon
Baby ribs in sweet and sour sauce
Fresh Summer Rolls
Sun-dried rice paper roll with rice vermicelli, carrot, daikon, butter lettuce, coriander
Pork belly, roasted with crackling
Prawn, steamed in coconut, lemongrass
Salmon, grilled in foil wrap with dill
In London? Visit BanhMi 11
Don’t get confused with the others (we almost did) ,Banhmi 11 is the best!